We set out to free a girl and change the world, and we did just that. A week-long series of events aimed at raising awareness for She is Safe ended with a glamorous gala that brought the community together in the fight against human trafficking.
Our collective goal was to build awareness for She is Safe, a ministry in Roswell, GA dedicated to educate, equip, rescue and restore forgotten girls who are ensnared or in danger of becoming victims of sex trafficking, human slavery, domestic violence, and childhood marriage.
Through the combined efforts of She is Safe and Events of a Lifetime Productions, we’ve helped educate and move an entire community towards action. Learn how Events of a Lifetime, She is Safe, Safe Haven, and Avalon, came together to build awareness, drive donations, and aid the fight against human trafficking.
We Take a Stand Against Human Trafficking
Our International Day of the Girl Event Series
In partnership with She is Safe, we were able to dedicate Avalon’s weekly Signature Event Series to International Day of the Girl and, in turn, raise funds and awareness for She is Safe. The event series included:
- Little Acorns – Parents and caregivers were invited to bring their preschool-aged children for free playtime fun where they created butterfly artwork.
- AvalOM – A special yoga class where attendees could learn ways to keep girls safe from human trafficking and receive exclusive swag.
- Avalon Sip & Stroll – Guests sipped on signature cocktails from select Avalon retailers and restaurants. A portion of sales from participating locations was donated to She is Safe.
- From Avalon to the World – Guests gathered an afternoon of guest speakers, face painting, music, and the official unveiling of Safe Haven’s Butterfly Sculpture. This was followed by our en masse butterfly release.
- Free a Girl. Change the World Fundraising Gala – Guests attended a glamorous fundraising gala at The Hotel at Avalon that featured several remarkable performances by Harmony: Atlanta’s International Youth Chorus and Sideways Contemporary Dance Company. Sideways Contemporary Dance Company performed an impactful piece that was particularly memorable.
In addition to the events, we were able to drive awareness media and press. Roswell Magazine, Best Self Magazine, My Alpharetta Magazine, Milton Magazine, Northside Woman Magazine, THE FISH radio station, Atlanta Girl Gang, and appearances at The Women’s Project networking events were some of the places where the story and message were told.
Immediately following the week of events and gala, the response was overwhelmingly positive. Each event played a crucial role in connecting with the community and building awareness. We are so honored to have been part of such a powerful and important global movement.